- Tom Davidoff and Joshua Gottlieb’s excellent Housing Affordability Fund Policy Proposal
- Josh Gordon’s comprehensive paper on Vancouver’s Housing Affordability Crisis: Causes, Consequences and Solutions
- David Ley’s probing “Millionaire Migrants“
- Andy Yan’s much quoted Case Study on Ownership Patterns of Single Family Homes Sales on the West Side Neighborhoods of the City of Vancouver
In the news:
- HALT is featured in The Globe and Mail.
- The South China Morning Post’s Hongcouver Blog – run by Ian Young, features a fantastic array of stories many of which pertain to our housing market and the effect of foreign money on it.
- The UK Guardian reports on “Race and real estate: how hot Chinese money is making Vancouver unlivable“
- Kerry Gold’s “The Highest Bidder” in The Walrus
- Want to know why supply is not the issue? Read Elizabeth Murphy’s excellent piece in The Sun about it. Elizabeth was the City of Vancouver’s Housing and Properties Department as well as for B.C. Housing, so she knows what she is talking about.
- Daphne Bramham’s excellent analysis about how this all happened.
- Listen to an entertaining interview with outspoken investor Mark Cohodes discussing the appalling state of Vancouver real estate and the complicity of the government.
- Join local politics Facebook page, VanPoli to join the discussion about all things related to Vancouver politics.
- Foreign Investment in Vancouver Real Estate Facebook page has been one of the best places to follow all things relating to foreign investment in Vancouver Real Estate. Definitely worth a “Like”
- A provocative name, but Make Vancouver Great Again is an awesome website chock full of links and information about this crisis.
Want the Coles Notes summary? Here it is:
- James Strieb breaks it down in a short 4 minute video in 6 steps in his YouTube video. There’s a 7th one though – that’s a provincial government unwilling to take action because they’re conflicted in their relationship with the real estate industry